Offices spaces are full of exciting possibilities, and that is why they keep attracting investors, landlords and tenants. However, having an experienced office surveyor by your side can be fundamental to assure that this space will be the most profitable for you.
You want to invest your money but, remember, residential properties are not the only choice. In fact, in the changeable economy of today office spaces have proven to be the safest investment. Do you want to know why?
- They can provide a stable income through rent and prospects indicate that the long-term capital you put in them will grow throughout the years.
- Even when they require a larger initial investment, their rental income is considerably higher when compared to that of a residential property.
- As the owner of the property, an office space will be very valuable as a back-up plan if at any time you wish to start your own business, as you won’t be subjected to a monthly rate.
We can help you to select the best office space to invest in. Professional surveyors are especially important because the market is constantly changing, thus, you want to make sure the office you are investing in will keep being profitable in the long run.
Once you have selected an office space, we will undertake comprehensive surveys and produce Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) programmes. These are essential to help you decide on a budget if you are planning to refurbish or rebuild the office. We want you to make money from your investment, not to lose it.
If you own an empty space that can be used as an office, you might be already considering renting it. Obviously, this is the right option to keep your capital growing, but if you are to become a landlord, there are a few things you might want to consider.
- The market for office rentals is very high at the moment, so you will probably find tenants quite soon. As the landlord, you will be in charge of paying insurance, property taxes, utilities and general maintenance costs of the whole building where the office is located, so keep these in mind before deciding on the rental rate.
- Your tenants will probably want a lease between three or twenty-five years long. The longer the lease, the more they will expect you to negotiate the initial rent with them. Worried about this process? As professional surveyors, we can act as a communication channel between you and your clients. We will be the point of contact for both to avoid any kind of misunderstanding.
- Dilapidation may seem the trickiest aspect of a lease, and that is why we will prepare schedules of dilapidation on your behalf that will be served to your tenants either during or at the end of the lease term. Because we are experts in this field, we will negotiate a financial settlement and, if needed, will prove your loss by specifying, tendering and managing dilapidation works through completion.
You might have started your own business at home, where the principal attraction was, perhaps, the chance of sending client emails when you were still in bed and in your pyjamas. However, there comes a time in any business when you realise that you have to move out from home and acquire your own office space where your company can keep expanding.
Renting is, often, the first option for people who have recently started a business. By doing so, you don’t need to lose a lot of money buying the new space – and this capital can keep being used to grow your own business. You just need to have a few things in mind to assure success.
- As a tenant, you might be especially concerned about the dilapidations protocol. Any landlord will subject you to one, because office spaces are used for long periods of time and, obviously, they suffer from some deterioration.
- To assure your peace of mind, we will undertake dilapidation liability assessments before the expiry of your lease. We will offer you clear recommendations that ultimately will reduce any claim the landlord may want to make against you.
- If you are a commercial client looking to consolidate your business operations, you will also benefit from the assistance of professional surveyors when renting a space as we will help you negotiate the surrender of vacant office space.